April 2008 - RoomStore Increases Commitment to Successful Online Furniture Sales Training Programs
NORTH LOGAN, UT – Apr 07, 2008. The Furniture Training Company, Inc. (www.furnituretrainingcompany.com), the home furnishing industry's leading provider of online furniture sales training courses and certification, announced today that RoomStore, a Richmond-based home furnishings retail chain, will commit to nearly doubling the number of retail furniture sales associates it will train and certify using Furniture Training Companys' online sales training programs. RoomStore intends to take further advantage of the Furniture Training Company's affordable and interactive training courses, Fundamentals of Furniture Product Knowledge and SalesForce - Selling with Service, by enrolling hundreds more of their East coast furniture sales associates into the online training.
All of the Furniture Training Company online furniture courses are engaging, easy to use, and very effective at improving the behaviors of furniture sales associates so that they can sell more furniture and generate more satisfied customers. RoomStore will be accessing the latest versions of the online training courses, the only solution that provides comprehensive online training, testing, and certification for retail furniture sales associates so that they will sell more furniture.
"RoomStore is continuing and increasing our commitment to using the Furniture Training Company's Fundamentals of Furniture Product Knowledge and SalesForce: Selling with Service online training programs in a significant portion of our stores to improve our sales associates' knowledge and professionalism," says John Hamilton, Sr. Vice President at RoomStore.
Major furniture retailers are also finding training success using The Furniture Training Company's e-Learning course SalesForce - Selling with Service. This training program quickly teaches newly hired associates how to sell furniture and helps underperforming furniture sales associates to improve their furniture sales.
"We are excited to work even more closely with RoomStore to help them improve their furniture sales associates' furniture product knowledge and selling skills," said Mark Lacy, President, Furniture Training Company. "I believe this company's increased efforts to provide additional training for their sales staff in these more difficult times makes a great statement to our industry. They are to be commended for their commitment to training as an investment for not only in increasing sales but for improving customer satisfaction."
RoomStore founded in 1992 by a renowned furniture family, established its first retail store in 1910. RoomStore began with four stores in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex in August 1992. Since 1992, RoomStore has grown to more than 60 stores in Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, North and South Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Texas and Louisiana offering customers the best furniture and accessory values available. With over $350 million a year in sales, RoomStore is one of the 25 largest furniture retailers in America.
About The Furniture Training Company
The Furniture Training Company is a subsidiary of LetterPress Software, Inc. and provides technology-based training services to the retail furniture industry. Since 2001, they have been providing training services to furniture retailers worldwide, from single-store independents to large retail furniture chains and department stores. Established in 2006, The Furniture Training Company serves only the furniture industry. In just this past year, the company has delivered over 85,000 furniture-training lessons over the Internet. The National Home Furnishings Association, Western Home Furnishings Association, Home Furnishings Independents Association, and Furniture Marketing Group have all selected the Furniture Training Company to be their exclusive online training service provider.
The Furniture Training Company online furniture training courses represent the very best principles of eLearning and Internet-based training, including:
- Consistency: provides the same information to every associate and never forgets important content no matter how hard the day was.
- Non-threatening environments: associates never feel self-conscious about trying new skills or making mistakes.
- Self-paced learning: associates learn as quickly or slowly as it takes to gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence, they need to succeed.
- Availability anywhere 24/7: no one has to be in a certain place, or wait for a trainer, or for enough learners to start learning.
- Accountability: storeowners and managers can easily track training progress.
- Certification: each associate is tested on all of the knowledge and skills and certified.
- Rapid learning: interactive lessons efficiently teach associates and require only a fraction of the time typically required by other training media to cover the same information.
- Fun: no one goes to sleep or gets bored with quality eLearning because the training engages their attention and keeps them thinking.
- Cost-effectiveness: training every associate at a very affordable price per person.
Contact: Mike Petersen, Vice President, Marketing
Phone: (866) 755-5996